Tuesday, June 30, 2015

New block is rotary hoed

It has been an interesting week. First the computer had a little melt down which resulted in me taking a quick visit to the mount to buy another. After getting my computer guy to take out the second memory thing out of the first computer and install it in the second now I have to go through about 563 confusing steps to get to my photos and stuff , and I don't really know how to fix that. Maybe if I was 30 years younger I would be better with computers.


I finally got my new seed block rotary hoed yesterday. They were only supposed to do the first four acres of it but I obviously didn't explain it properly and they ended up doing the lot, almost seven acres.

We there is no way I can find another 4 thousand dollars or so to put down the watering system on the extra so I don't know what I am going to do now. I will probably just end up ignoring the area I can't afford to water. On the upside the soil is so fine and looks great.

I started putting down some of the irrigation pipe today but I will need a few more fittings before I can do any more.

I also notice that the are a heap of feral pigeons hanging around. Ok, so I have to worry about them as well as the cockies, wallabies and rabbits. I will be spending a bit of netting I think.



Continuing on with the theme of working out what to do with the undersized oca tubers, I made a jar of pickled oca and another jar of salt fermented oca.
The pickled oca was ready today so I had a taste. It is different, quite nice and crunchy but I think I will have to wait another two or three days for it to be right.

The fermented tubers are still doing their stuff for another 6 days. I will take a pic of them when they are ready.







No comments:

Post a Comment