Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Update and silverbeet 'Pastels'

Yes, I know I have been very slack lately but I have been in a bit of a funk lately, I really need to get away for a few weeks before I will be ready to come back and farm again. I will go bush on Sunday for my three weeks in the bush that was interrupted last month. It is cold and damp enough now that I don't have to worry about the crops.

After I come back, I will spend some time over the winter to visit friends that I haven't seen in a while.

I have just started picking my 'Pastels' range of silverbeet. I am still getting a few bolder colours but I am overall happy with the colours that I am trying to go for. I was worried that all the plants would be washed out and white because of double dilute genes but it doesn't seem to have happened with this generation. It will be a few generations before I am sure the colours have set though.

The plants did look all white at first and only as they matured they coloured up. I am liking the colours and some of them are nice and stripy as well.


1 comment:

  1. Stripey is good. Just ask a zebra. Try not to starve and get too many blisters out bush, and do stay alive as we hope to see you this winter. I assume we are on your to visit list?

    ReplyDelete