Thursday, October 17, 2013

On helpers and weather

The weather was too crappy to do anything today except go around and inspect what needs to be done. I suppose I should have done my paperwork since I spent a lot of the day inside but I only just thought of that now, lol.

As of the time I am writing this my helpers have not arrived or phoned to say they are not coming. I will give them a bit more time before I go and put a black mark against their profile but I will be very shitty if they just don't turn up. Maybe they are driving and didn't realise how far we are from Melbourne, that has happened before.

I was really looking forward to having some help with stuff. Oh well, they could still turn up tonight.

My tomatoes are all popping up and my pumpkins are ready to plant out so that will keep me busy tomorrow. I was expecting another package of water saving crystals today but they will probably come tomorrow now. More work, it never stops in this game. I actually don't mind, it is far better than working for somebody else and I enjoy it. I still get up early in the morning and can't wait to get out and start as soon as the sun rises. I would hate it if one day I wanted to lay in bed a bit longer.

I am refreshed after my winter break so I am looking forward to another 9 months of work and growing food. What more honorable profession could there be?

No comments:

Post a Comment