Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pumpkin problems

Well, after delivering my boxes yesterday I sat down to a meal of the 'Pastilla Shampan' pumpkin that was also in the boxes. To say I am disappointed is an understatement, they were bland, totally tasteless.
No matter how rare they are I will not be growing them again next year. Anyway, this morning I hopped in the car and went to deliver another pumpkin to each of my customers to replace the PS.

Here is a picture of a bunch of young coloured carrots, just for the heck of it as I didn't have anything interesting to take photos of today.



And a picture of a couple of my potato beds. Now that the frosts have knocked them down I am able to get in and weed and mulch the potatoes. On the left is a bed I have weeded and mulched and on the right is one I will do on Monday. They will then be ready to sprout in spring (I leave my spuds in the ground over winter as it doesn't flood in this block).


No comments:

Post a Comment