Friday, June 21, 2013

Day in Hamilton

Spent the morning in Hamilton while doing a favour for one of my sisters so didn't really get anything done except spend money for the day.

I popped into the nursery to just have a quick look around and came out with a couple of well grown hazelnut trees, that was after going into Mitre 10 to have a look and coming out with a finger lime. I just can't trust myself with money when I get near plants, lol. I have someone bringing some hazelnuts to the Nareen veg swap at the end of the month so I should have a nice grove growing in a couple of years.

Anyway, some good did come out of my shopping. The nursery was very interested in stocking some of my plants so I will go back (with no money) in a few weeks and take some oca and yacon tubers with me, and also discuss some of the other plants that I grow. They seemed very eager but they were too busy to go into any detail.

I didn't have time to go out and inspect my plants this morning but I did when I got back and many shrubs were burn't by the frost yesterday which I expected. I should have thought to cover them up. Well, there is warnings of more frosts in the next week so I will gt out the frost cover tomorrow, not that it seems to do much good but it might help a bit. The pepinos and tamarillos are particularly badly hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment