Monday, March 4, 2013

Woe is me

You might want to stop reading right now as this is just a post about me feeling sorry for myself.

With heat around 36 degrees forcast for at least the next 7 days I am feeling quite frustrated and depressed. I spend many hours hand watering every day but every time I look around more plants have frizzled and died. I feel that I am getting nowhere and the only reason I haven't given up is the amount of money and time I have put into this for the past year, that and the fact that it has to get cooler soon.

I have many beds empty because seeds won't germinate in this heat but even if the weather broke now and cooled down it would be three months before anything I plant now would be ready to harvest. I am going to have to ask my customers to either cancel their boxes for the moment or accept some shop-bought stuff with what I can provide. I can't see how I am going to be able to fill any boxes with what I have managed to keep alive for the next couple of months.

 It is so annoying, and I am dreading my water bill which is due any day. I don't have much to show for all the water I have been putting on. I did think about shutting down for the summer each year if this is what global warming is going to to do for the summer but that won't work because I have to grow things through the summer to have it ready for spring. I feel so down at the moment and with no motivation.

At least I am not the only one, everyone who grows plants is in the same boat - the weather beurau has came out and said what we all know, that it has been the hottest and dryest summer on record. At least most other people are not relying on their plants as an income so it doesn't hurt them as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment