Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Looks like no achocha this year

The achocha, like the Mexican sour gherkins will not open their male flowers so I don't think I will be getting any fruit off them this year, pity as I was really looking forward to them :(

I think they are so slow to take off that the heat beet them before they could set fruit. That is a problem with many members of the melon and pumpkin family here. I have to grow them as early as possible so they are setting fruit before Christmas or the heat stops them in their tracks.

I have started doing a couple of video reviews of my melons as I pick them but I will have to do something about he light. My slow connection and the cheap webcam really won't do the job properly. I will loom into it.




See, I'm really getting into technology :)  It takes me a while to work these things out.

Well, I had better have something to eat and go and do some watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment