Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Getting ready for the heat again

It is going to be hot again for the next three days, up to 40 C on thursday so I have been getting the veggies ready by watering hard to get more water deep in the soil around them. I have also been covering some of the more mature melons fruits with cardboard to protect them from sunburn. Last year I lost a lot of my crop to sunburn.

Damn, I was going to add some pictures in this post but blogger is having a glitch it seems and won't let me, even when I try on another browser.

I am still having trouble getting some seeds in the beds to germinate. I have no idea what the problem is, I am doing everything as normal. I think I will start a heap of seeds in trays to be safe. I might put in some more lettuce, scorzonera and celery in trays to plant out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment