Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Whew, what a busy week

I got back from Wagga with my sister on monday after going to watch her at her uni graduation. It was a long 10 hour drive back and we got here at 4am, in time to have two hours sleep before having to get up and start work.

My two volunteer helpers came on the bus yeasterday, they are Marie and Margaux from france. They are settling in well and, as the day is to hot to work outside, they are shelling dry rat-tails for seeds at the table as I write this. I am so happy they are here to help with some work around the farm.

I will be taking them to the Hamilton farmers market on saturday to give them a day out and they can lend a hand with selling. Of course, since I only have one passenger seat in my van, I have had to ask my parents to drive them to the market early in the morning.

I don't have a lot to take to the market but with some help I will be able to ramp up production so I can go to the Mt Gambier farmers market as well as the Hamilton one.

We are having a bit of a heat wave at the market and when it is over I will be busy planting a heap more seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment