Sunday, December 2, 2012

A few pics and a smile on my face

With a few cool days now I am feeling very good. All the veggies are powering along and the blocks are looking great, if a bit weedy. I have a woman from France coming over in a couple of weeks to help out till after Christmas. She is part of a group like Wwoofers called HelpX. I could really do with a hand so this is marvolous news. I just hope she doesn't change her mind between now and then.

Here is a picture of a few lettuces. I have two lettuce mixes that I love - 'Rocky top' from Baker Creek Seeds and 'Franks Crispy Mix' from Wild Garden Seeds. These are great mixes with a good range of interesting lettuces in them and the customers at the market love them.



The achocha (or caigua) below had a slow start but they are really taking off now and have a few flowers on them. These are a distant relative to melons and come from Peru.




I am excited to see that one of my seedling hardy kiwi is variegated so I have put it aside to plant out later. I hope it keeps its colouration, and is a girl. I will have to wait a couple of years to find out.




The zucchini and melons in my melon block are flowering now and growing strongly. If the weather holds up and is mild I should have a good harvest.





No comments:

Post a Comment