Sunday, November 18, 2012

Busy weekend and bad service at the National Hotel

Well I am back now from the 2 day orchard workshop in Coleraine. It was a bit different than my expectations as the lecturer mainly talked about growing vegetables rather than fruit trees. I didn't learn much but had a great time and got to meet some interesting people. The teacher, Rebecca Phyland was very generous with her time and knowledge and I am very glad I went. If you ever get to attend one of her workshops about permaculture and organic gardening it will be worth it, especially if you are a beginner.

The only downside of the weekend was the extremely poor customer service at the National hotel in Coleraine. I was a little early to order a meal so I was shocked when I asked and was told that I wasn't allowed to sit and read a book to wait till the kitchen was ready to take orders. The lady was rude and sour-faced and I will not ever go there again for a meal or room for the night. I ended up sleeping in my van.

Sure, they can run their hotel any way they please but the customer service was an embarrasment to not only the town but country pubs as well. If they want customers they should treat them as valuable assets. I wish they had an email address so I can complain to the manager. I might ring him/her tomorrow.

That is my rant over. I am back home now and tomorrow I will be back into the weeding and planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment