Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yay, new block - Block J

I have found a new houseblock to grow on, and it is only across the road. The lady who owns it is very nice and said that I could grow whatever I like on it and for as long as I want - I hope she doesn't fall off the perch anytime soon, lol. I will use that block for my vining plants like melons, pumpkins and gourds as well as the tuberous vegetables.

I need to do some work on one fence as it is very wonky and has horses on the other side. I think I will get a battery powered electric fence.

I dug the last few beds in block D and come into clay. It was hard digging but I will finely be able to grow some decent cauliflower. Because I have sandy soil mostly the cauliflower have been growing tiny heads (buttoning) but I will put some seedlings in the clay tomorrow.

The day has been lovely so I got heaps of weeding done. I'm feeling good about how everything is going.

1 comment:

  1. yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you have your 3rd block.

    ReplyDelete